Sunday, April 5, 2009

Painting "Green" in Watercolor, Upcoming Workshop

Study in Green
3X5
Watercolor
Above is the small study done for my upcoming workshop, Grappling Green: Painting Leaves in Watercolor. Greens can be beautiful; can look natural; and can even be transparent. However, greens are probably the most challenging of all the colors to work with (at least for me anyway). So, I am facing the challenge. Painting "green" will be the subject of my next workshop. In the workshop, we will develop a repertoire of "green" for our painting palette and apply them to a watercolor painting of leaves (or similar subject). We will practice mixing greens, "naturalizing" the color, varying the intensity and "warmness and coolness" of our greens as we apply them to our painting. For more information about the workshop, please visit my website.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

May you have many sign-ups--sounds very informative and fun!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Awarded!! See my blog for details!

cindy said...

Thats a great idea to work on..just one color and work on it from different angles... It reminds me of one of the art class i attended on color theory.. but it was much more broader concept; ie of all colors .. In your workshop.. u get to develop on one color and that is really helpful... Ur students will definitely benefit..