Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Beginnings

I know this isn't art-related, but when else will I have the opportunity to sit on a brand-new operating table.
Yesterday was our first day at the new hospital. Many of the areas are still empty of supplies, equipment, and all the details you need in the hospital to take care of patients. A handful of the paintings have been hung, including 2 of mine in the Intensive Care Unit. Though I knew the paintings would be there, it was still quite a surprise and honor to see them. I have been a critical care nurse for almost 15 years. My other painting will be hung in Admissions.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Contrats on the new position and the exposure!

I have a friend with a watercolor of mine and sometimes I'll glance at it and be in shock that I'm on her wall. Soon, she'll have an oil and a pastel. She's my best collector, but I know it'll be freaky seeing them at her place.