Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Painting as I want


'One day seven years ago, I found myself saying to myself- I can't live where I want to- I can't go where I want to- I can't do what I want to- I can't even say what I want to...I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to...as it seemed to be the only thing I could do that didn't concern anybody but myself...'
Georgia O'Keefe, 1923

Hillside Bouquet
Pastel on Ampersand Pastelbord, 16x20

...painted as I wanted to

...with energy, fullness of color, and an unusual perspective...of one of my favorite places.

On exhibit March 4th-28th as one of the "staff's favorite picks" in the gallery at Liberty Town Arts


6 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

So, where is it...or is it a secret place?

ariel freeman said...

my distant memory of Southern California. Thank you for asking.

suzanneberry said...

love the quote and the painting is lovely! so peaceful and serene.

ariel freeman said...

Thank you Suzanne, I feel the peace and serenity.

Amy Bancroft said...

Carlsbad?! So, so beautiful!

ariel freeman said...

Amy, You guessed it!